Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Host book review


''Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that takes over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed. Wanderer, the invading 'soul' who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind. Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.''

I tried to read this book when it first came out but for some reason it confused the hell out of me, and I couldn't really get into it, but after seeing the film trailer for it and thinking it looked really good I tried it a second time and I am glad that I did. I finished this book in a week and its not really a small book. 

 To me that is quite a chunky book.

I really, really liked this book. I like the way it is written of the 'souls' perception on human nature, and how we act and react to certain situations. They think were violent, and murderous, so they think they are doing Earth a favour by invading and taking over the minds of people. The 'soul' if your a bit confused is what the aliens that invade Earth are called. There supposed to be pure and wholesome and kind, but you'll discover that not every soul is like this. As the story progresses and Wanderers character develops you feel torn between Melanie and Wanderer and who should be there in the caves. (I think your going to have to read the book to understand that haha)

Like Twilight there is some kind of love triangle going on but it isn't like the Edward and Jacob thing - which to this day i'm still undecided on, it was Jacob but then I start to think Edward and then Jacob takes his top off and it goes back to him. - If your not a fan of Twilight I still think you should give it a read, because I didn't think it was like Twilight at all. Overall I give it a 4/5.


 The Host trailer.

Signing out, Kim! xxx

Oh, Bloglovin' finally let me sign up so if you want to follow me on there when Google friend connect gets axed. Just click the bloglovin' button on the side of my blog and press follow. All it is I think, is just like google firend connect, you get a list a of the blogs you follow posts, you click on there post and you get re-directed back to there blog page. From what I gather so far anyway :D xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to go see this at the cinema sometime soon!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books that leave me confused, but I still want to be curious to find out more.

    Hey, how about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete