Wednesday 12 June 2013

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver review

'Lena's been to the very edge. She's questioned love and the-changing and agonising  choices that come with it. She's  made her decision. But can she survive the consequences?'

jadksofhsnfc - My feelings towards this book. But let me explain further...


I read Delirium (the first book in this series) quite a while ago, and I didn't really have an opinion on it, I thought it was kinda meh, ok, wasn't really that intrigued by the story. I liked it but I wasn't in love with it. Though the story line popped into my mind a few weeks back and I wanted to find out what actually happened to Lena so I thought I would give it a go, and I couldn't be more happier that I did. I'll give you a brief summary of the first book, 17 year old Lena is waiting to turn 18 for a procedure to stop her from falling in love, a condition that has been diagnosed as a disease . Although before she can get it done she gets infected and falls in love with a boy called Alex, who turns out to be an 'Invalid' (somebody who hasn't got the procedure and lives outside of boarded up America, in the 'Wilds') and her perfectly organised life gets turned upside down.

 I think her character develops so much more in this book and goes into more detail on how she is feeling and she was a lot more relatable, I was sucked into this story from the beginning and I completly believed in how Lena was feeling and when she got angry, happy or upset, I felt the same way.
 And OMG I just loved it! There was a lot more going on in this book, a lot more action than the first (I think i'm going to have to read the first one again maybe to see if I appreciate it more) and I keep going back to read the last couple of pages because the ending just shocked me so much and I loved the way the ending was written, so simple but leaves a major impact that leaves you needing to know what happens next. I can't wait till the next book arrives at my library so I can devour it and get sucked into the story again!!!!!! So many exclamation marks but I just can't even.. eurgh, im stuck for words I just really really reeeally liked it. I recommend that you go out and read it yourselves or if you have already read it, do you love it as much as me? haha

Signing out, Kim! xxx

6 comments:

  1. oh this series sounds interesting! Yay now i have something new to add to my list of must reads, thanks for sharing your review! and i get what you mean, there are just some series where the first book isnt that great and then I get hooked on the second book and when I read the first book again, I appreciate it more! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats ok, thanks for reading it haha. Yeah with some books you just have to stick with it! It was the same with The Golden Compass series, I loved the 2nd and 3rd books.
      Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  2. I've had this on my to read list for a while. You've really made me want to read it now :)

    Ria x
    NatuRiaBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh yay! its definitely worth a read.

      Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  3. Hey this sounds great and I def want to read it now!
    Would be great if we followed each other so let me know on my blog? Thanks, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, yeah I definitely recommend it. Sorry, I don't do the i'll follow you if you follow me thing, but thanks for commenting :) x

      Delete