This is a really simple recipe, anyone can do it. Although saying that I might not be able to explain it in the best way D: but hopefully you'll get the main idea on how to make this. It is basically Mince meat and spaghetti, and it is actually quite a healthy meal.
This is my go to dinner whenever i'm stuck of what to eat and let me just say it is very nice *side note, if yours isn't very nice then that is because you've done it wrong, don't blame me :)*
After you have made this and if there is some still left over you can freeze the mince for another time, all you'd have to do is defrost it and heat it back up in a saucepan with a bit of water (make sure it is BOILING hot) and voila, you can have it on a jacket potato or you could cook some spaghetti again and have spag bol. This is a quick and easy recipe if your a student and tired of just eating beans on toast. SO shall we start?
This would take overall about an hour to cook. If you are putting bread in the oven make sure you pre-heat the oven to 180'c.
What your going to need is:
- Mince meat -you can buy different size packets of mince meat depending on how many your cooking for-.
- A frying pan for the mince meat
- A saucepan for the spaghetti
- Now, you can have ANY vegetables you like in it, so you don't have to have exactly what I have used in mine but i am going to write down what I had anyway.
- half a pepper, 6 mushrooms, 1 medium onion. 3 cloves of garlic -crushed-, and maybe a little bit less than a half of courgette. (adjust to how many your cooking for)
- Mixed herbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped can tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Gravy granules
Now it's time to COOK!
- Chop all of your vegetables up into kind of small chunks.
- As your chopping, put the frying pan on the hob and put it on medium heat with a bit of olive oil in. This is to let the frying pan heat up.
- After you have finished chopping, add veggies into the frying pan to let brown and soften. This would take around about 5 mins.
- After they have browned and softened, transfer the veggies into a spare bowl or pot.
- Now, put your mince meat in to the frying pan and separate into smaller pieces to brown.
- When the mince has browned, drain off the fat into a spare bowl.
- Return to heat and mix in the veggies and tin tomatoes.
- Add some water to the empty tin of tomatoes -about a quarter of the tin- and pour into the frying pan.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking and mix in, then add herbs and Worcestershire sauce and mix in, you can also sprinkle a few gravy granules in here as well. Now, you let it simmer for about 20 minutes with occasional stirring.
Now, for spaghetti
After about 15 minutes since the mince has been cooking start to cook the spaghetti. (here you can taste a bit of the bolognese to see if any herbs or anything else need a bit more adding to)
- Add boiling water to a saucepan, on medium heat.
- Add a little bit of olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Add Spaghetti in to the boiling water -I broke my strands of spaghetti in half before putting them into the water, i'm not sure why. My mum just always done it like that haha-. stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick together.
- After about 5 minutes of the spaghetti cooking you can put your bread in the oven if you are cooking that.
-A little tip to check if the spaghetti is cooked is to take a piece and throw it at something horizontal and if it sticks it is cooked!- OR you could just eat a piece and if it is soft enough than it is ready.
- It takes about I'd say 10 minutes to cook the spaghetti, but just keep tasting it to make sure it is soft enough. When it is cooked, strain off the water and add to bowl.
- The bolognese should be cooked by now so, just turn off the heat and add on top of the spaghetti. You can grate cheese on top as well if you like. OH and remember the bread!