Wednesday 28 November 2012

A House Of Night Novel:Hidden Book Review

I am a massive fan of the house of night series and I really enjoyed reading them but for some reason I wasn't as engrossed in this book like I was the others. 
I'll give you a quick run down of what the series is about -taken from the HON website...

''Vampyre's are a part of society, and to become a vampyre you have to get 'marked' by a vampyre tracker.
16-year-old Zoey Redbird gets marked and begins to undergo the 'change' into an actual vampyre. She has to leave her family and move into the Tulsa House of Night, a boarding school for other fledglings like her.

It's within the school's walls that the heart of the action takes place as Zoey meets new friends, finds love, comes to terms with how her life will be different now and begins to realize her awesome new powers.''

So basically what happens in this book, without giving too much away...
The high council finds out about Neferet and Aurox Chooses love and light, but can he control the beast in him to not choose darkness...?
That was a really blunt but ominous explanation on the book.

Even though this wasn't the best book in the series I still finished it in two day's.
The reason why I didn't enjoy this book as much is because it didn't seem like there was that much going on.  It seemed like it was a little filler between the last book and the next book. (if that makes sense) Seeing as this is the 10th! book in the series I would expect some of them to be filler like.
So I think in the next book there is going to be a bit more going on. :D

-side note. This is what it looks like in my room while I type this-
Drinking tea from my fav VW mug. The big ball of fluff that is my cat snuggled against my legs, and listening to a bit of Ellie Goulding.




No comments:

Post a Comment