Saturday 13 July 2013

Multi-Coloured Cupcakes

These are very shoddy pictures and some are quite blurry and they're not pictured in the best light BUT they tasted and looked much better than the pictures show. I made them for my friends birthday picnic the evening before when everyone else in the household decided they would cook their dinner so I was in a bit of a rush to get out the way of everyone but never the less,  here is how I made them!


Pre-heat oven 180'c before baking.

Ingredients;
Self-raising flour
Caster Sugar
Baking powder
Butter
Vanilla extract
Food colour (I used red, green and blue)
Eggs
Icing (You can choose whatever Icing you want to put on yours)

Method
First of all, I weighed out 3 duck eggs still in the shell. Together they weighed 7oz, I then measured out 7oz of the self-raising flour, the caster sugar, and butter. (I know not many people will have duck eggs, just the normal chicken eggs but you can use the same method, weigh out 3 eggs, still in the shell then whatever that comes to, weigh out everything else to the same measurement. By doing it this way you will get big sponges.)

I added a teaspoon of vanilla extract and baking powder and mixed it all together.

After mixing it together I separated the mixture into three bowls and added a different food colour to each one.
 (The green in the middle didn't turn out very green at all, it was more of a yellowy colour :( )

After this step line a baking tray with cupcake cases and spoon in the mixture alternating the colours as you go.


You can swirl the colours together with a toothpick.

Cook them for about 20 mins. Stick a toothpick in the middle to see if they are properly cooked.


 Mine all looked like a greeny/blue on top because I spooned that colour on last, I should of alternated them like I said previous but hey it was my first attempt at making them and I think they turned out pretty awesome.


Thinking back I should've taken a picture after I bit into one because it was pretty cool with all the different colours. (shakes fist furiously at the sky for my foolishness.) 

And the finished product...

Mmm, I want to make them again. 

Signing out, Kim xxxx


4 comments:

  1. Wow these look amazing! I love the colours you used.
    So simple to make too.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Yeah I thought they would be really hard to make for some reason but all you do is separate the mixture! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi :) They look amazing! Seem easy to make.
    Might give them a try when I have time :D

    Great blog by the way! Interesting to read :)

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, its a nice moment when you bite into them and see all the colours. Thanks! :) xx

      Delete